Our Privacy Principles
We are committed to looking after any personal information that you share with us.
This is central to our values as an organisation. We want everyone who supports us, or who comes to us for support, to feel confident about how any personal information they share will be looked after or used.
You can be confident that:
- We only use personal information in the ways we need to and that is expected of us.
- We will keep you up to date with our work, including how we are raising awareness and promoting understanding as well as our fundraising activities.
- We only use your personal information for means you would find reasonable.
- We will make it easy for you to tell us if you are happy for us to communicate with you, including how to opt out from future communications – and we promise your request will be respected straight away.
- We will never release your information to organisations outside HGF for their own marketing purposes.
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies and secure business processes.
- We will always provide easy ways for you to contact us.
We know that your privacy is very important to you.
We promise that it is even more important to us
1. How we collect personal information about you
We may collect personal information from you when you interact with HGF. There are many occasions when this could happen, for example: if you enquire about our work and our projects, sign up to receive emails, make a donation to aid one of our partnerships, sign up to one of our events (fundraising or workshop), if you chose to provide some optional feedback or otherwise provide us with personal information. And, this may be when you phone us, go onto our website, through the post, or in person.
The Foundation collects information from those benefitting from our work, donors, patrons, ambassadors, partners, suppliers, staff, volunteers, mentors, mentees, trustees and visitors.
2. What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your contact details such as name, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (if you are making an event ticket purchase or donation), as well as information you provide in any correspondence between us.
We also track which pages users visit when they click on links in HGF emails, through our third party email provider: Mailchimp. We may use this information to make improvements to our websites and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites.
3. How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide or administer activities relating to all our services: updating you with important administrative messages, to help us identify you when you contact us, and help us to properly maintain our records;
- Improve your experience with us. We may use your information to enhance the service that our team provide, to fulfil your orders and gift aid declarations, to improve our information and communications, or to personalise the website to better suit your needs;
- Let you know important information about an upcoming event that you have signed up to attend. If you sign up to one of our workshops or events, we may use your email address and possibly mobile number to send final details, alterations or even cancellations in the case of unforeseen circumstances;
- Provide you with information about our plans and events. This may be letting you know about new projects and events that we hope will be useful and interesting to you, and may include fundraising updates; of course, we will only do this either with your consent, where we need to fulfil a contract or service with you, or where we believe you will expect to be updated and contacted by us. You can of course ask us at any time to change how we contact you, simply contact ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
- Analyse the personal information we collect about you so that we can better understand our supporters, their preferences and needs and important trends. This may mean looking at all the interactions you have with us so we can aim to offer you the right information or event invites at the right time; including financial interactions so we can ensure we ask you for an appropriate level of support.
- We may need to disclose your information if required to do so by law (for example, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice or in response to a valid request from a competent authority); or, in order to enforce our conditions of sale and other agreements;
To do some of this, HGF may share your information with our trusted partners and suppliers, but is always carried out under our instruction, and is never for their marketing approaches. We ensure that they store the data securely and delete it when it is no longer needed.
4. Your choices
We’d like to keep our all valued supporters up to date with our progress. So, to update you on what we’re doing and ask whether you’d be able to support us, where we are able to, we’d like to keep in touch with you (by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means) about our progress and how you can continue to help us in this important mission.
Please be reassured that respect lies at the heart of everything our committed team do: we respect any information that you share with us and you can change your mind and remove or add your consent at any time, by simply contacting us on email@example.com
In unexpected cases where we may need to transfer and process your personal information outside the EEA, we will comply fully with our legal obligations as a data controller and take all steps necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with legislation.
5. Who sees your personal information?
The personal information we collect about you will be used by our team at HGF so that we can keep you updated on our projects and events; also, by a few selected partner organisations that work with us on events and charitable work; and possibly to legal and regulatory authorities if required to by law.
We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities. Nor do we sell any information about your web browsing activity.
6. Your Information Security
We take the security of your personal information extremely seriously.
We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
And, we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations (for example, the collection of Gift Aid).
Here are some of the ways we protect your personal information:
- Your personal information is kept securely in our databases and offices, or, where relevant, by our partner companies.
- Our website may contain links to other sites, for example email suppliers, charity partners and projects. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites. Please be aware that advertisers or Web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those websites or advertisers.
7. How to update or access your personal information
You may ask us at any time to update your details, correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by:
Writing: Hemraj Goyal Foundation, 2 Kingfisher House, Woodbrook Crescent Billericay, Essex, CM12 0EQ
Tel: 01277 314 210
You also have a right to know what personal information HGF holds about you.
To request a copy of your personal information we hold, contact us by:
Tel: 01277 314 210
11. Who we are
Here at HGF, we are committed to protecting your personal information and to reassure you that that you have control over the information we store about you and what types of information you would like to receive from us.
For further information about our privacy practices, please contact our Charity Manager by:
Writing: Hemraj Goyal Foundation, 2 Kingfisher House, Woodbrook Crescent Billericay,
Calling: 01277 314 210